What makes a sex scene hot? Here are my 5 favorite elements of a sex scene…
- The human factor. If you are human and have had sex, you know it rarely goes as smoothly as in the movies. There is usually an awkward moment or two for example when he leans on your hair and pulls it, or when you get so into it you fall off the edge of the bed. I call that the giggle factor. The part that lets us relate to the hero and heroine. When an author includes these elements into their scenes it makes it so much more real for the reader.
- The giggle factor. When these awkward moments happen if the h/h can laugh about it, it reminds me of my husband and I, and I can become so much more attached to the characters.
- Tease my senses. Sex is loud, messy and fun (hopefully). If an author captures these elements in their love scenes my real world falls away and I become part of the book.
- Seize the Opportunity. Having myself written a book where sex in a bed was not an option (few beds available during a zombie apocalypse), it made my very aware of how hot it is when the hero and heroine must steal romantic encounters wherever the opportunity arises. And hopefully, it ‘arises’ often. (Sorry, couldn’t help myself.)
- Take your time. Don’t just tell me he “Pumped until he exploded within her” (Yep actually read that line last week.) I want to hear about his calloused thumb on her swollen lower lip and the goose bumps it gave HIM. LOL. Don’t cheat me here. Damn it, I have invested my precious time as a reader in your book. I want literature foreplay.